Finally got Android 4.1.2 on the AT&T SGH-i717 phablet, the original Note. Looks great, the graphics are better, sound is clearer, many nice things. But …
One thing that seems slower is switching from app to app. It could be my configuration, number of apps, and so forth. Still looking into it.
Interesting how the ram load increases on this phone after a restart: an initial 450MB climbs to 527MB/743MB. Then when you click ‘clear memory’ you see ’18 applications closed’. Now there is 352MB/743MB.
May 5, 2013: I got some speed up by clearing each app’s cache. Some app’s Cache button are not enabled.
May 26, 2013: Continued topic: Speeding up Galaxy Note
Is a factory reset really needed?
How safe is that? Sure you can save your settings in Kies, but we all know about backup software, getting things back is not guaranteed. “Full Backup of non-rooted devices” has some an interesting information.
- YouTube showing how to speed up screen: How to Speed Up the Galaxy Note 2, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Speed
- Who stole my butter? Solving slowness probelms in Galaxy Note after Jelly Bean update
- AT&T Galaxy Note Jelly Bean Problems: Battery Life, Lag, No Multi-View
- My device is getting slow, apps start misbehaving/crashing. What can I do?
- Samsung galaxy note jelly bean forum thread in Singapore
- Galaxy Note 1 has become slow after upgrading the phone 4.1.2